Wednesday, November 28, 2012

"Black and Blue" Anna Quindlen blog # 1

I got my wallet stolen at the gym and then a couple months later, my phone got stolen. Those are the only two times I can think of right now that I've been involved with and had to report a crime. The story that I'm reading is " Black and Blue"  and its about a mother and son that are running away and hiding from her husband and his dad. The father is a cop and was very good to his wife in the first part of his marriage, but soon after that ended and he turned out to be very jealous, possessive, controlling and also very abusive. He never hurt his son but he would beat on his wife a ton and she loved him so she would hide it and after he beat on her he would make, blame her and make her feel guilty like she did something to deserve it. After a long time of abuse she had, had it and wanted out. Her being a nurse she got a hold of a woman that could help her get away and that's what she did. I just got to the part of the book where the mother and her son just got off the train and are set up with their new identities and the place that there going to be until the father tries to come after yhem

1 comment:

  1. Are you sure the father comes after them?

    Good job - it sounds like you know exactly what's going on.

    ReplyDelete