Friday, November 16, 2012

"Kite Runner"blog # 2 11/16 Nicholas Nowell - Mrs. Owens

I just recently finished the book and it was excellent! In the last fifty pages I almost cried, which was a huge surprise to me and meant that I got more into the book than I originally thought. The last hundred pages were the best part of the book, because you found out all the extra details and secrets that that movie never displayed and it broke the whole story down and made sure the reader really got the full picture of the book/ story. My favorite part of this book is when Amir finally stands up for not only himself, but his nephew Sohrab, Hassan’s son and gets him out of the bad situation that he was in and takes him under his wing as his own child and then even when more tragedy happens Amir sticks it out and doesn’t give up and keep his head up and keeps moving forward. For this I think Amir deserves to feel content with his life at that point and can finally feel at rest with himself. Also I think that he’s in a truly happy place in his life when they end the read and that it will only get better from there! My favorite character in the book is Amir and in some aspects I can relate a little bit to him, but I also can relate to some of Hassan earlier life traits, but for my project im going to use Amir, because he's there throughout the book and the can be a lot said about Amir, and you can see the growth and his progress over a long period of time.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you enjoyed The Kite Runner. I love it, too. I also like that you watched the movie and can quickly realize the vast differences. Good job, Nick!

    ReplyDelete